TULSA, Okla. - A young woman -- sexually abused for several years -- says she was stalked from prison by the person who abused her.
Kaylee Johnson received a handmade birthday card saying "Love you," on it, and her mother received a handwritten letter from the man. Officials with the Department of Corrections found a scrapbook in his cell with articles about his victim's accomplishments he clipped from a local newspaper.
Johnson first broke her silence to FOX23's Shae Rozzi in her investigation in May 2018:
In the time since the investigation, a state lawmaker has proposed "Kaylee's Law." The proposed law would impose an automatic protective order at sentencing for a sex crime.
WATCH the full follow-up investigation from FOX23's Shae Rozzi:
- Florida woman finds snake in dryer while folding laundry
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- United Methodists fear split in the church over LGBTQ vote
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Lawyer: Arrangements being made to pay R. Kelly's $100K bail
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.