TULSA, Okla. - More than one million people are now members of faith-based medical bill organizations.
The number of members in those organizations drastically increased after the health insurance mandate took effect through the Affordable Care Act.
FOX23's Shae Rozzi looked into how bill sharing works, what medical procedures are not covered, and what you need to know before you sign up. She checked in with a local couple we first introduced four years ago to see how this is working for them after major medical procedures.
WATCH Shae Rozzi's full investigation:
Below are links to two medical bill sharing organizations for more information:
- Michelle Obama gets raucous applause at Grammy Awards
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Trump supporters form human chain at U.S.-Mexico border
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Lawmaker introduces bill placing $75 bounty on coyotes
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.