- FOX23 investigates a way for families to buy homes called a contract for deed.
- FOX23 found some families think they own their home, but they’re don't.
- Those families feel misled and blame the investment firm: Harbour Portfolio.
- 17 families are suing Harbour Portfolio. The federal lawsuit says their contracts are "predatory and abusive."
- In court documents, Harbour says the contracts are legal and a "common path to home ownership."
- FOX23 tried to get ahold of the company's CEO Charles (or Chad) Vose, but that didn't work.
- FOX23 went to Dallas to track him down.
Here's a behind the scene look from Dallas:
© 2018 Cox Media Group.