- Green Country families taking part in or volunteering at consignment events could see things change.
- The Labor Department says events like Just Between Friends and other large consignment events don’t meet Fair Labor Act standards.
- Department officials say volunteers at those events should be paid.
- FOX23’s Michelle Linn talked to the CEO of Just Between Friends about what this could mean.
- WATCH the full report above.
A legal threat could change a popular way to shop for children's clothes.
"This is a big deal that could affect a lot of families," said the founder of Just Beween Friends about the threat.
It’s also a way some families pay off bills and get items they need, but all that may change.
FOX23’s Michelle Linn discovered a legal threat to consignment sales that serve thousands of people every year.
She’s taking a closer look at the protection business owners are seeking to keep sales like this open.
WATCH the full report above.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.