The FCC is looking to attack the problem of robocalls for cell phone users.
The FCC says unwanted calls -- including robocalls and "spoofed calls" are their top complaint from consumers.
A previous ban on illegal spoofing did not apply to calls from overseas -- but Congress has since changed that.
The FCC is taking that law to come up with its own regulations to help combat robocalls.
Their new rules ban "malicious caller ID spoofing" of text messages and international calls.
These new rules come after over 40 state attorney generals -- including Oklahoma's -- signed a statement saying they want to fight back against the scammers.
WATCH the full report from FOX23's Janna Clark MONDAY on FOX23 News At 5.
- The Cars frontman Ric Ocasek dead at 75
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Pregame fireworks display sparks fire on field before Titans game
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- School custodian comforts student with autism in heartwarming viral photo
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.