Tulsa, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- Jessica Fowler with Fort Gibson Chamber of Commerce
- The Fort Gibson Chamber of Commerce put together an event to help flood victims in Muskogee County.
- Floodstock 2019 is Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. at the historic Thunderbird Speedway.
- Jessica Fowler with the chamber of commerce told FOX23 it’s going to take flood victims months, maybe even years, to get things back to normal. While those in need are waiting on assistance from several different sources (FEMA, their flood insurance), work still needs to be done. Fowler is hoping to fill that gap for people.
- Those in need can apply for help with the Muskogee County Disaster Recovery Committee. They’re the ones who will be giving out the money to those in need.
- People can also go to any Armstrong Bank and donate, just have to mention Fort Gibson Chamber Floodstock 2019.
- All of the bands are performing for free to benefit their community. There was also a lot of local businesses who donated money. The speedway isn’t charging them to use the venue
© 2019 Cox Media Group.