OOLOGAH, Okla. — Charges have been filed against a former Oologah-Talala High School teacher related to an inappropriate relationship with a student.
An affidavit filed with the case says Hailey Smart was having sexual relations with a student during the 2017-2018 school year.
Reports said it started in October 2017 when the student was 17 years old. He turned 18 in December 2017.
The affidavit stated the two had sex in the classroom multiple times after class. Smart is also accused of having sex with him at his house during the teacher walkout.
Smart is now facing one charge of second-degree rape. A protective order for the victim was filed in May.
FOX23 contacted the school district to learn more about her employment history. They provided the following statement on Friday:
FOX23 spoke with Smart about the charges on Thursday. She said she was not aware of any charges being filed and did not want to comment on the allegations. She was booked into jail on Thursday.
- King Bio recalls more children's medications for microbial contamination
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Hurricane Lane: Category 4 storm barrels toward Hawaii, sparks fears
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen says customer data was accessed in cyberattack
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2020 Cox Media Group