ROGERS COUNTY, Okla. - A tow truck driver is in the hospital after his haul caught fire on Highway 412 near Catoosa.
The man was hauling a food container truck containing 15,000 pounds of cooking oil from Siloam Springs to Broken Arrow.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol said when the truck lit up, the driver got out to try to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher but a tire burst in his face and caused temporary damage to his eyes.
Three Rogers County fire departments responded to the fire that took about two hours to put out. They said it looks like a mechanical issue on the trailer's brakes caused the flames.
- Residents upset after officers respond to wrong house, bust through door
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Dog dies after eating gum with xylitol ingredient
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Hershey's mixes two favorites in new candy bar
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.