TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Oklahoma's flu deaths this season are now at 129
- 37 more Oklahomans died between Jan 31 and Feb. 6, including 8 more in Tulsa County
- Thousands have already been hospitalized
- Tulsa Health Department planned a free flu shot clinic
- It runs Saturday, Feb 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Woodland Hills Mall
- The clinic will be on the upper level, across from Bath & Body Works
- CLICK for the latest health news
In addition to getting your flu shot, the Tulsa Health Department reminds you to follow these prevention tips:
· Frequent hand washing using soap and water, or alcohol-based products such as hand gels when hands are not visibly soiled.
· Make “respiratory hygiene” a habit, including use of tissues to cover coughs and sneezes, then disposing of them and washing hands at once. When tissues are not readily available, use your sleeve, never your hands.
· Stay home from work, school, and other public places if you are ill. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
The flu vaccine is still available for anyone over the age of six months on a walk-in basis Mondays through Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at the following Tulsa Health Department locations.
· James O. Goodwin Health Center | 5051 S. 129 E. Ave., Tulsa, OK
· Central Regional Health Center | 315 S. Utica, Tulsa, OK
· North Regional Health and Wellness Center | 5635 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Tulsa OK
The flu vaccine is also offered at these locations, please call 918-582-9355 for clinic dates and times:
· Collinsville Community Health Center | 1201 W. Center, Collinsville, OK
· Sand Springs Health Center | 306 E. Broadway, Sand Springs, OK
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Customers say Owasso restaurant double dipped into their bank accounts
- The news that matters- right in your Facebook feed. ‘Like’ FOX23 News
- Firefighters help Florida boy stuck in claw machine
- Thousands of laptops recalled due to fire hazard
- Toys R Us, Babies R Us liquidation sales start
© 2018 Cox Media Group.