MUSKOGEE, Okla. - Flood waters wreaked havoc on Muskogee Wednesday, closing roads and blocking people from their homes.
SH-10 closed about 1.5 miles east of US-62 near Fort Gibson. Other area streets closed as well.
Homeowners near Deer Run and Quail Run were blocked from their homes as rising water rose over a bridge. Neighbors there said flooding happens there almost every year. They said Wednesday's rain was the first major rainfall they'd seen in 2018.
Muskogee County Commissioner Ken Doke told FOX23 there was severe flooding in the county.
Emergency management officials said dozens of road closures happened throughout the day.
Water rescues took place at Highway 10 and Wiley in Fort Gibson. Officials said they had at least 14 water rescue throughout the area.
Officials said water went into homes.
- Amazon Prime offers in-store discounts at Whole Foods
- Murder suspect identified after dropping passport at crime scene, police say
- Teens kill mother possum and 4 babies in Snapchat video, police say
- UCF students to give free bionic arms to children with missing limbs
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.