TULSA, Okla. - Flames burned the Sugarberry Apartments in Tulsa Tuesday.
Firefighters responded just after 4 a.m. to the complex near 61st and Highway 169.
FOX23 saw medics leave the scene without needing to treat anyone.
At least a dozen evacuees were spotted in the area.
Tenants said officials told them to grab what they could and leave by 5 p.m.
While not everyone saw actual fire destruction, many had serious smoke and water damage.
Some residents impacted say they plan to stay with family for the night, while others have already relocated.
Two units were destroyed, and two others were damaged.
Investigators say a 3-year-old playing with a lighter started the fire.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 7 inmates dead, 17 injured in South Carolina prison fighting
- Be ready for severe weather- download the FOX23 News app
- Neighbors reach out to help midtown Tulsa woman whose car was vandalized
- Election Board: Filing period closes with 794 candidates running in Oklahoma
- No one seems to think Carrie Underwood's face looks different after her accident
© 2019 Cox Media Group.