TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- The Tulsa Health Department confirmed Friday the first human case of West Nile Virus of 2019.
- The health department says the diagnosis was confirmed in early May.
- This is the first positive test in humans in Tulsa County and the third in Oklahoma.
- The first positive test in a local mosquito trap was found between Lewis and Harvard and 11th Street and 21st Street.
- Health officials say the months of July through October are the highest risk months for mosquito exposure.
- TIPS TO AVOID MOSQUITOS: Preparing for mosquito season in Tulsa
- CLICK HERE to see a map showing where mosquito samples tested positive for West Nile in Tulsa County
© 2020 Cox Media Group