- Flu has killed an Oklahoma child
- The death happened in Oklahoma County
- The child was between the ages of 5 and 18
- The Oklahoma flu outbreak has hit record numbers, with 3,440 flu hospitalizations and 153 deaths
In an effort to reduce the number of hospitalizations and deaths, the OSDH is offering flu vaccinations statewide at no cost to recipients at all county health department sites. The flu shot is encouraged for anyone over the age of 6 months, but is especially recommended for those over the age of 65, those who suffer from chronic heart and lung conditions, and pregnant women.
Below: Current flu numbers:
Top stories on FOX23
- Sheriff: 17 dead, more than a dozen injured in shooting rampage at Parkland, Florida high school
- Top stories and breaking news- ‘Like’ FOX23 News on Facebook
- Green Country officials respond to deadly school shooting in Florida
- Investigation into teen rape suspects from Tulsa yields violent, racist footage from their phones
- Teen stabbed and dumped on roadside uses last breath to ID killers, police say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.