TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Tulsa firefighters responded to a report that someone was possibly swept away by the Arkansas River near 81st Street and Riverside Wednesday afternoon.
- Someone called in seeing a man clinging to a tree in a flooded drainage ditch.
- After searching for the man, firefighters tried to find the caller but was told she left.
- Firefighters called off the search due to dangerous conditions.
- Officials later told FOX23 they learned the woman who made that call has been accused of making a false report and arrested. Police identified her as Heather Jeffries.
- This is a developing story. DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News App for LIVE updates.
Watch FOX23 Reporter Sara Hart's interview with a Tulsa Fire official at the scene. This took place prior to learning the call was false:
- Live updates: Dangerous flooding along Arkansas River
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Burnout is officially medical diagnosis
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Mother charged with felony DUI after twin boys die in crash
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.