CLAREMORE, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- The Redeemer Lutheran Church is heavily damaged after a fire Thursday night.
- The church is located near Fifth and Seminole.
- No one was injured.
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
- FOX23's Naomi Keitt is taking a look at the damage on FOX23 News This Morning
Firefighters responded to a church fire in Claremore Thursday night.
The fire broke out at the Redeemer Lutheran Church near Fifth and Seminole. It burned for several hours into the night.
FOX23 was on the scene as crews battled the fire.
The older part of the 60-year-old church appears to be a total loss. No one was injured.
The pastor, who said he was in his office when the fire started, said he spotted smoke from the attic.
"This is sad for our church, but God is in control," he said.
The church does have insurance.
Anyone wanting to contribute to the church can refer to the "Redeemer Lutheran Building Fund" at any BancFirst bank location.
FOX23's Naomi Keitt went back to Claremore to take a closer look at the damage.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Vandals shoot out car windows in south Tulsa
- Tulsa police investigate stabbing in west Tulsa
- Chances for a rainy weekend
- Claremore church damaged by a fire
- Luke Bryan appears to hit fan in stage gesture
© 2018 Cox Media Group.