TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Firefighters responded to the American Legion sheds at 8th and Peoria
- Fire was reported just after 5 a.m.
- Union Public School's AFJROTC program and Rep Jim Bridenstine's office will be donating replacement flags at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday
A fire took out several sheds owned by the American Legion and some special items Monday.
FOX23 went out to the shed fire just after 5 a.m. at 8th and Peoria.
Firefighters said the sheds were destroyed.
FOX23 learned that large amount of American Flags were destroyed in the fire. The American Legion Post 1 of Tulsa said those flags were used on Memorial Day to honor fallen soldiers.
Investigators have not released a cause of the fire.
The commander believes the fire is suspicious. Electricity was shut off to the sheds long before the fire.
The commander also said the shed was recently broken into.
In addition to much-appreciated flag donations, the post needs help cleaning up and could use a donated dumpster to clean up the mess.
Union Public School's AFJROTC program, with the help of Rep. Jim Bridenstine's office, will be donating replacement flags during a ceremony Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.
- Thousands rescued from 'historic' Louisiana floods
- QT robbers threaten clerk with knife
- Cooler temps and rain on deck
- Repair project begins Monday in west Tulsa
- Innocent woman crashes while avoiding police chase
© 2019 Cox Media Group.