TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- Tulsa police and East Central High school officials are investigating after a brawl broke out after a basketball game Tuesday.
- The fight broke out between East Central and Ponca City basketball players, coaches and spectators.
- TPS officials say they have reviewed videos of the fight with the East Central principal and coach.
- The incident has been reported to the Oklahoma Secondary Activities Association.
- A statement released on Thursday confirmed the East Central head girls basketball coach be suspended for the next two games and the assistant coach will be suspended for the rest of the school year. One student will also be suspended for two games.
- At least one and possibly as many as four spectators who went on the gym floor will be banned from any TPS athletic events for the rest of the year. The incident is still under investigation to determine if more people were involved.
- According to the release, TPS apologizes for the incident that occurred and wants to convey that sportsmanship is a priority for the district and for the athletics teams that represent the district.
- See video of the fight above.
- Del Monte recalling more than 64,000 cases of Fiesta Corn in 25 states
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Should text messages be taxed to help the poor? One state is considering it
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Trump scrapping some Obama-era school lunches, allowing more salt, flavored milk
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.