OSAGE COUNTY, Okla. - A father and son are dead after a shooting in Osage County late Wednesday night.
Travis Kirchner, 45, and his son Ty Kirchner, 23, died in the shooting.
Deputies say the incident happened north of Pawhuska near the Oklahoma-Kansas border around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The Osage County Sheriff told FOX23 Travis Kirchner and his son Ty got into an argument that led to the son shooting and killing the father. Another family member then showed up and shot and killed Ty.
Initial information from deputies said the father killed the son, but the sheriff later corrected that information.
The investigation is still underway but authorities say self-defense could have been involved in the third family member's shooting of Ty Kitchner. That relative has not been arrested.
This is a developing story. FOX23 is working to get more details.
- Father and son dead after shooting in Osage County
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Boy found in Kentucky says he's Illinois child missing since 2011, police say
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- School, nonprofit pack up lunch leftovers for weekend meals
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.