TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Leon Crockett was shot and killed in November 2016.
- Cammaron Brown was arrested last Friday.
- Crockett's family is working to forgive Brown.
The family of a Tulsa man who was shot and killed is sharing a message of forgiveness days after a suspect was arrested.
Leon Crockett was shot in the Comanche apartments in November 2016. He died a few days later.
At the time, a woman claimed she shot Crockett in self-defense. Police later determined she lied to protect her boyfriend, Cammaron Brown.
Tulsa police arrested Brown on Friday.
Family described Crockett as a love, family man who was protective of his loved ones. They are leaning on each other and turning to faith to help them forgive Brown.
Investigators believe the shooting happened during a confrontation over a stolen gun. Crockett’s family members think he was set up and said he was invited to Brown’s home to work out their differences.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Woman shopped at Wal-Mart while children 2, 5, locked in trunk, police say
- 4 children, mother kidnapped at gunpoint found, police still searching for suspect
- Kidnapping survivor, author, advocate Elizabeth Smart shows off new baby
- To many Americans, Memorial Day has lost its meaning
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2018 Cox Media Group.