Family and friends remember Amanda Glenn as devoted mom and the “helper” with a big heart

TULSA, Okla. — FOX23 News had the chance to meet with the family and friends of 40-year-old Amanda Glenn, a medical assistant who worked in an orthopedic office in the Natalie Building.

On Thursday morning, Tulsa police identified her as one of the four shooting victims in Wednesday’s mass shooting on the Saint Francis Health System campus.

>>>MORE: Hear from a woman who said Dr. Husen changed her life

Those we spoke with described Amanda Glenn as the helper, someone with a big heart who preferred working behind-the-scenes. She was also on the booster board for the Sandites, where she spent countless hours serving others.

“This is our spot,” said Gabe Glenn, 18, during an interview outside the baseball stadium on Friday.

>>>MORE: Hear from a man who came face-to-face with the Saint Francis Health System gunman

Gabe, the oldest son of Amanda Glenn, said his mom shared his love of baseball, because he loved it.

Gabe, a three year starter for the Page Sandites Varsity Boys Baseball team in Sand Springs has offers from schools to play college baseball; he said he and his mom were supposed to have visited a school this weekend.

“She loved anything me and my brother did,” he added, “She loved anything we loved, that’s who she was.”

Her youngest son Ian Glenn, 16, said his mom indulged his interests which include riding dirt bikes and four wheelers.

Amanda’s sister-in-law Kristin McPherson said Amanda was the epitome of a ‘’boy mom.”

“Her boys, including my brother, that is her whole world,” McPherson said. “Whatever they were doing she was there. She was supporting them.”

McPherson said Amanda worked as a medical assistant in the orthopedic office located in the Natalie Building, and was familiar with the gunman, who was a patient of Dr. Phillips.

“Without names she had mentioned to my brother that he had been calling in the weeks, the days prior needing prescription,” she said.

“And I think that knowing Amanda and her heart and her just her core is helping people, she would want patients heard, she would want them fixed, she would do anything in her power to get them the help that they needed.”

McPherson said her brother was communicating with his wife on Wednesday afternoon when the gunman entered the building.

“She was texting or talking with my brother,” she said, “And he knew that there was a shooter in the office and she said that she was going to try to hide under the desk and that’s the last communication that we got.”

Amanda leaves behind a husband and two teenage sons. Her sister-in-law says what the family needs right now are prayers.

“That’s what we’re leaning on right now, our hope is in Jesus, and we know that she’s in heaven and we know that God will turn, he will make good out of this,” she said.

>>>RELATED: Saint Francis hosts mental health forum on processing traumatic events

A GoFundMe page has been set up for the family. By Friday afternoon, it had already raised more than $32,000.