TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Some of the victims of Sunday's deadly mass shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas, were children.
- Christine Marsh, the director of child abuse and trauma for Family and Children’s Services, said that while it may be hard to discuss events like the mass shooting with their children, that conversation is vital.
- Many parents say it’s tough to explain tragedies in places where kids should feel safe, but Marsh says it’s important to be honest with children and reassure them to not live in fear.
- She says parents should make a plan with their children for tragedies and remind them to look for a police officer, firefighter or someone else they can trust in the event of a tragedy.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- 26 killed in largest mass shooting in Texas history
- Devin Patrick Kelley: What we know about the alleged Sutherland Springs Baptist Church shooter
- Winter Weather outlook: What to expect
- Police identify latest Tulsa homicide victim
© 2018 Cox Media Group.