TULSA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- The Congressional Ethics Committee said Oklahoma Rep. Markwayne Mullin can no longer appear in advertisements for his family business.
- It also determined he "must return $40,000 mistakenly paid to him in 2013 by a company that he transferred to his wife in 2012."
- According to the report, "an accounting error led Representative Mullin to inadvertently fail to fully follow part of the Committee’s advice."
- The committee was investigating any potential conflicts of interest, at Mullin’s request.
- All members of Congress have been warned to no longer advertise or endorse products in which they have a financial interest.
- Read the full report here.
- Police investigating armed robberies at two north Tulsa donut shops
- J.C. Penney to fill void of closed Babies R Us, open 500 children's clothing shops
- 2 Miami Dolphins kneel during national anthem in NFL preseason opener
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Rumor: Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte to be released earlier than usual
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking news alerts sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.