TULSA, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Police arrested Korey Powell Saturday.
- Powell is accused of robbing a Jack in the Box and Mid-K Beauty Supply store.
- Police say employees recognized Powell when he returned to the Jack in the Box to pick up a job application.
Police say employees at an east Tulsa restaurant were able to stop a robbery suspect after he reportedly returned to the restaurant just hours after robbing it.
Police say a man robbed a Jack in the Box near 41st and Garnett Saturday morning, implying he had a gun.
They say afterward he robbed a nearby Mid-K Beauty Supply around noon, where he allegedly told an employee and her young niece that he wanted cash, had a gun in his pocket and didn't want any trouble.
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Michelle Carter guilty of involuntary manslaughter in boyfriend's suicide
- Body found behind Tulsa County jail
- French fries, other fried potatoes could lead to early death, research suggests
- 7 things to know about the rare total solar eclipse crossing the nation this August
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
When the man reportedly returned to the Jack in the Box to pick up a job application, employees recognized him and confronted him until officers showed up.
No one was injured.
Police later identified the suspect as Korey Powell.
© 2020 Cox Media Group