OWASSO, Okla. - Quick facts:
- Voters voted on a number of issues in Green Country Tuesday.
- One of the issues considered was a $57 million bond issue for Owasso Public Schools.
- FOX23 has the election results.
Voters in Owasso decided to pass a $57 million bond issue for Owasso Public Schools Tuesday.
The bond will build a new elementary school, add three new tornado shelters and bring facility upgrades across the district.
A ninth elementary school with an EF-5 tornado shelter would be built west of Highway 169 and north of 116th Street North.
Owasso Mid High and Smith Elementary will also get storm shelters. There are plans to build a science wing at Mid-High School.
The bond would also replace old school buses, textbooks, classroom and library materials.
The district says the money is needed to deal with an increasing student body that shows no signs of slowing down.
See Tuesday election results on FOX23:
Trending Stories on FOX23.com
- Speaker Ryan: Congress must look at gun device used in Vegas
- Las Vegas shooter researched Boston locations, reports say
- Train derails, crashes into Atlanta house
- Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar offering $1 margaritas every day in October
- See more trending stories on the FOX23 Facebook page
© 2019 Cox Media Group.