WAGONER, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- An elderly woman need help early Wednesday morning
- She told deputies someone held her at gunpoint for more than an hour
- The thief took $700 and a car; deputies recovered the vehicle just after 8 a.m.
- Investigators described the man as a white male in his mid to late 20s wearing camo pants and a camo hoodie.
An elderly Broken Arrow resident needed help Wednesday morning.
She called from a home near 81st and 337 Road in rural Broken Arrow before 2:30 a.m.
Around 1 a.m., she said he tried getting in through all of her doors. He finally got in through her back door, tried to barricade it and woke her up as he rummaged through her home.
She found the man in her living room, wearing al camo and a camo hoodie, which he had on backwards with holes cut for his eyes.
He walked her through the house, but she grabbed the gun when he wasn't paying attention.
He fought back, tying her hands with an extension cord and putting her in the bedroom. He tried to barricade the door.
As he left, he apparently wished her a merry Christmas and happy New Year.
After he left, she got the door of its hinges to escape and walked several blocks using a walker to get to a relative's home.
The victim said she didn't know the person who threatened her, but police believe a recent visitor to the home could be involved.
He got away with $700 and a vehicle.
She was taken to a relative's home for safety.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Police investigate similar home break-ins, car thefts in Broken Arrow neighborhood
- Merry Christmas to YOU: Free downloads from FOX23
- Investigators: Man behind Broken Arrow prostitution parlor was also running 'evangelistic team'
- Talk about the news that matters to you with FOX23 News on Facebook
- Arby's to acquire Buffalo Wild Wings for more than $2 billion
© 2018 Cox Media Group.