TULSA, Okla. - As we get closer to Earth Day on April 22, it’s a good time to remember some simple ways to help keep Green Country clean and make our world a greener, less polluted place.
One of the easiest ways to reduce personal impact on the environment is by simply reusing. Instead of buying new drink bottles, reuse the ones you already have or invest in a thermos or reusable water bottle.
WATCH FOX23 Meteorologist Brad Carl's video above for details on green living
It’s important to remember how critical it is to reuse plastics and foam cups, because when they are thrown out, they never truly go away. Although the material will start to break down over a span of decades, if not hundreds of years, they’ll only break into smaller pieces called microplastics, which never go away and can end up in our water and marine life.
FOX23 learned from a marine biologist at the Oklahoma Aquarium that people dump the equivalent of about a garbage truck’s worth of plastic into the oceans every minute. So even though the individual impact of living green may seem small, more awareness could help make the planet cleaner in the future.
- Flyers drop Kate Smith's recording of 'God Bless America' over earlier racist songs
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Militia leader arrested at US-Mexico border
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Sri Lanka explosions: Easter Sunday blasts kill more than 200
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.