TULSA, Okla. - Quick facts:
- CASHnip Kitty collects money for the Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless in downtown Tulsa.
- He's caught international attention.
- The cat has thousands of Facebook followers, and its owners have launched a website for him.
Tulsa's famous East End Village cat has gone international.
FOX23 first told you about CASHnip Kitty a couple weeks ago.
The cat lives near at GuRuStu near Third and Kenosha and has drawn in hundreds of dollars for the Tulsa Day Center for the Homeless.
Stuart McDaniel, founder of GuRuStu, says videos of the cat have captured the hearts of people around the world.
"It's crazy how many people that this has made it to, from just a local level to a national," he said, "and now, there's 500,000 views of his video in Taiwan."
Even big-name celebrities like George Takei have taken note of the cat.
CASHnip Kitty's owners say the fundraising fun started when someone decided to start playing with the cat with dollar bills. Since then, the cat has raised more than $400 at the door, and other donations have poured in in CASHnip Kitty's name.
He even receives mail from admirers.
Owners say they never imagined their little office cat would make such a tremendous impact.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- OSU men's basketball assistant coach among charged in NCAA corruption scheme
- Police seek help finding missing Eufaula man
- Copperhead snake bites woman inside Longhorn Steakhouse; I felt ‘excruciating pain'
- OKC Thunder players join conversation about national anthem protests
© 2019 Cox Media Group.