Oklahoma has had 12 cases of Zika virus already, all acquired outside of the US.
A diagnostic appointment may only take a couple of hours, but the testing process currently takes several days.
That’s where Dr. James Collins and his team with the Wyss Institute at Harvard come in.
FOX23 morning anchor Ron Terrel dives into the work to improve the Zika virus test and how it could change other illness testing on FOX23 News at 5.
- Democratic National Convention kicks off in Philadelphia
- Green Country missionaries detained in Mexico
- Priest killed, attackers shot dead in Normandy church hostage situation
- Man fires shots into east Tulsa QuikTrip, arrested at another
- General Mills expands E. coli-related flour recall, 4 reported illnesses
© 2019 Cox Media Group.