Broken Arrow, Okla. - Police arrested a man accused of walking into a Broken Arrow Braum's and attacking a man inside.
It happened Saturday at the Braum's near 71st and Elm.
Shawn Elton Huddleston reportedly walked into the restaurant shirtless and screaming. Witnesses said he singled out an older, disabled man and threatened to beat him with his own cane.
The suspect allegedly tried to take the cane away from the victim and hit the victim in the process. Huddleston then allegedly punched the man in the face and threw him into a wall.
Huddleston then ran from the restaurant to his nearby home. Police had to use pepper balls to get him out.
Police said the victim is partially paralyzed due to a stroke. He was taken to the hospital for his injuries.
Investigators don't believe Huddleston was under the influence or that he suffers from mental illness. They called the attack "extremely rare."
- Goodbye, margaritas? The world is headed toward a tequila shortage
- 8 more Tulsa flu deaths, dozens across Oklahoma
- Teen subject of nationwide search dies months after being found safe
- Firefighters help Florida boy stuck in claw machine
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters to get stories delivered to your inbox.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.