MUSKOGEE COUNTY, Okla. - A Keota woman faces charges after allegedly trying to sneak marijuana into the Jess Dunn Correctional Facility in Muskogee County.
Sheriff’s officials said a correctional officer saw Ashley Dawn Bryant put something into a diaper bag. They searched the bag and found a “green, leafy substance” inside clear bag that was wrapped in tape.
Bryant was visiting her boyfriend, Troy Hale, and had her two daughters with her, according to deputies.
Deputies said the correctional officer received an anonymous tip that Bryant would allegedly use her children’s diapers to bring contraband into the facility.
Bryant faces charges of child neglect and bringing drugs into a penal facility.
- Deputies: Pantless man exposes himself at Tulsa County Courthouse
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Trump pleads on TV for wall money; Dems say he stokes 'fear'
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Oklahoma game warden catches poacher via dating app
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.