CHEROKEE COUNTY, Okla. - The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a man after a woman called and said she shot an intruder Tuesday night.
Deputies say the woman shot and killed Josh Montgomery who she says broke into her home.
Deputies say Montgomery knocked in all the windows and doors at the home, acted aggressively, and threatened to kill the woman inside.
The woman told authorities she warned Montgomery before shooting him twice.
Deputies found him dead in the driveway.
Montgomery's family told FOX23 they are devastated after the loss and that he was a father to four children.
The sheriff's office says the report will be sent to the district attorney's office to determine if any charges will be brought against the woman.
- Entrepreneur T. Boone Pickens dead at 91
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Daytime naps could help you avoid heart attacks, strokes, study says
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Children of firefighters killed during 9/11 attacks will soon graduate from FDNY academy
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.