OWASSO, Okla. — A 16-year-old girl is dead after a deadly crash in Rogers County Wednesday afternoon. Two other teenage girls were taken to the hospital after the crash on 96th Street North -- east of 177th.
Troopers responded to the crash around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday where the 16-year-old girl died on the scene. The two other girls involved -- both 15-years-old -- are in critical condition.
Owasso Public Schools told FOX23 all three girls involved are students at Owasso High School. The district says counselors were made available Thursday for students and staff. Some students wore green to school saying it was the favorite color of the 16-year-old who died.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol is not releasing the names of the girls involved as they are all under 18.
A box of gift cards for the families of the girls is being placed in the Owasso High School East Campus office for those wanting to drop off food or gas cards.
Gift card or cash donations can also be made at the following locations:
- Waterstone Cleaners (9540 North Garnett Road)
- The Misty Brew Coffee Company (12550 East 86th Street North)
- The Greenery (7800 North Owasso Expressway)
- Owassoisms (8555 North 117th East Avenue, Suite 207)
- You can donate to the family's GoFundMe page here.
© 2020 Cox Media Group