EUCHA, Okla. - One man is in custody after multiple law enforcement agencies were at the scene of a standoff in Delaware County Tuesday night.
The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office said deputies responded to a domestic situation call near Eucha just before 4:45 p.m.
Deputies said a woman was shooting at her boyfriend -- 44-year-old Gary Miller -- who left the home and pointed a gun at deputies when they arrived.
Those deputies tried to pull Miller over and a short chase started.
Officials say Miller crashed the car, pulled out the gun and fired at deputies who fired back. No injuries were reported from the gunfire.
Authorities said the Miller ran into the woods, and then into a home. Deputies initially said a woman inside the home was being held hostage, but now think she was there of her own free will.
The standoff lasted until about 2 a.m. Wednesday when the Oklahoma Highway Patrol's tactical team fired gas canisters into the home and a K9 officer was let loose.
Authorities took Miller into custody and he is now being treated for a gunshot wound to the hand and dog bites.
FOX23's Jackie DelPilar gave an update from the scene on Facebook early Wednesday morning:
- Suspect in death of Mollie Tibbetts being held on federal immigration detainer
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Hurricane Lane: Rare Category 5 storm churns toward Hawaii, sparks fears
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Coconut oil is ‘pure poison,' according to Harvard professor
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.