TULSA, Okla. - QUICK FACTS:
- U.S. Marshals found and arrested Raymond Lane Jr. in Vinita Wednesday night.
- Deputies say Lane built a fort around half of his property to keep people from easily getting to his building.
- After weeks of watching the property, deputies raided it and found a stolen fifth wheel RV they believe he'd been living in, two stolen box trailers, drugs, and believe the bulldozer he used to build the moat was stolen as well.
- Lane will have to settle the cases against him in Craig County before he’ll be able to face charges in Wagoner County.
U.S. Marshals found and arrested Raymond Lane Jr. in Vinita Wednesday night.
Deputies say when they went to raid his property last week, they were hoping to find him, but found a bunch of stolen property instead.
Officials told FOX23 they had the property under surveillance for weeks after getting information that Lane had a stockpile of weapons and told people he wasn't going back to prison.
Lane had security cameras all around the outbuilding he was living in.
Lane used a bulldozer to dig a moat around half the property, and tore up the rest of the ground on the other side to keep them from easily approaching the building, according to officers.
The Sheriff's Office, Coweta police and the Cherokee Marshals Special Operations Team all teamed up for the search warrant. Lane was not on the property.
Officials say they found a stolen fifth wheel RV they believe he'd been living in, two stolen box trailers, drugs, and believe the bulldozer he was using on the property was stolen as well.
The sheriff believes Lane moved most of the things they were looking for off the property before they got there.
When U.S. Marshals found Lane in Vinita Wednesday, he had stolen vehicles there too.
Lane will have settle the cases against him in Craig County before he’ll be able to face charges in Wagoner County.
Officers believe Lane is the driver who rammed a Coweta police cruiser last month after the officer tried to pull him over.
- Florida man arrested after throwing burrito at girlfriend, deputies say
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Medical pot sales in Oklahoma top $4.3 million in January
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Kindergartner hit in the face with ruler by teacher for telling on classmate, family says
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.