TULSA, Okla. - A man wanted for a deadly accident in 2009 has been arrested.
Police said that in April 2009, a child was hit by a car and killed while riding a bike in an apartment complex near 130th East Avenue and 41st Street.
The driver hit the child and ran him over, pinning him under the car, according to officials.
Witnesses flagged down the driver and told him to stop. They reportedly told police the driver got out of the car, looked under it and walked away.
The driver’s passenger stayed with the car and cooperated with police, identifying the driver as Ansencion Jose Rodriguez.
Officers surveilled Rodriguez’s apartment multiple times and contacted friends and family to find him, but he wasn’t found until recently.
This week, sheriff’s deputies in Blaine County pulled over Rodriguez in a traffic stop. He was transferred to Tulsa County on the outstanding warrant for leaving the scene of a deadly accident.
Police said they have no idea where he has been since 2009.
- Indiana dad warns parents about mold in Capri Sun pouches
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Halloween: Some towns ban teens from trick-or-treating
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Mexican couple found pushing baby stroller full of body parts
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.