TULSA, Okla. - Don't tell Nicolas Cage.
The Declaration of Independence is set to be on display at Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa in time for Independence Day.
The museum's copy of the document is in the handwriting of Silas Deane who served under Benjamin Franklin in Paris. Thomas Gilcrease acquired the museum’s copy of the Declaration of Independence after seeing it on the Freedom Train
The legendary American document will be on display in the museum's archival collection from July 2 through July 7.
- Make sure you know these new laws for Oklahoma drivers
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- MacKenzie Lueck: University of Utah student missing after taking Lyft from airport
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Iran calls new US sanctions 'outrageous and idiotic'
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for breaking alerts sent to your phone
© 2019 Cox Media Group.