TALALA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- A pickup truck and semi truck crashed Thursday morning
- The crash happened just north of Talala on US-169
- OHP confirmed one person died in the crash
- The southbound lane opened at 11:45; the northbound lane and detours will remain in effect until further notice
A man died after a crash Thursday morning along Highway 169.
The driver was in a pickup truck going southbound near 330 Road when he crossed the center line.
A semi truck driver swerved to avoid him; the trucks avoided a head-on collision, but the pickup truck hit the back of the semi.
The driver of the pickup died on the scene. OHP identified him as Giles Chism Vaughan Jr, 48. He was from Nowata. His friends and family told FOX23 he went by Butch.
The semi truck rolled over, blocking all lanes of Highway 169. The driver was hospitalized in Nowata with non-life threatening injuries.
OHP says cleanup will take until at least noon. A team specializing in fatality wrecks will respond to the scene.
An OHP alert said the road is open, but FOX23 crews said it is still closed.
- Heat advisory issues for Thursday, Friday
- Florida man appears to lie down, put hands up before being shot by police
- Glenpool mobile home park residents told to move
- Technical issues pack on more Southwest cancellations in Tulsa
- Prominent Tulsa Dentist arrested in connection to infant’s death
© 2019 Cox Media Group.