CREEK COUNTY, Okla. — Quick facts:
- Creek County officials found the body of Lane David Howard, otherwise known as Lane Howard.
- Howard, 19, disappeared after he and some friends went hiking near Silver City.
- Deputies said witnesses' stories don't add up.
Creek County officials found the body of a 19-year-old who disappeared after going hiking with friends in the Silver City area.
Two friends said David Lane Howard, also known as Lane Howard, went to the woods with them near 449th West Avenue, but he did not return with them.
Howard went missing on July 31 before noon.
His friends said he was exploring with them and became separated with him on the trail.
Fire officials said the two witnesses' stories are not adding up. The two reportedly told officials they came out of the woods in their underwear with no recollection of where their clothes may be.
Investigators were concerned foul play was involved. Though they do not believe that is the case, they are still collecting evidence.
They said they found suspicious items in the search. They have not released what those items were.
They said they found Howard's body Wednesday afternoon.
- Suspects accused of breaking into Glenpool home, robbing couple and forcing them into trunk
- Tulsa mother claimed voices told her to kill her "evil, cannibal" children
- Creek County man's body found after long search
- Tulsa deputies arrest suspected child predator
Cox Media Group