CRAIG COUNTY, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- A crash happened on the Will Rogers Turnpike near Vinita
- A semi-truck loaded with pipes crashed with two other cars
- OHP opened all lanes just before 7:30
- One person was killed in the crash
A person was killed in a crash on the Will Rogers Turnpike late Sunday night.
Just after 10 p.m., OHP reported a semi truck carrying pipes crashed in the eastbound lanes of the interstate near Vinita. Investigators say the driver was distracted by something inside of his cab and rear-ended a freight liner before losing control of the truck.
The pipes spread across the highway in both directions. One car driving westbound flipped after hitting a pipe.
Several vehicles had flat tires from the debris.
Overall, four cars cashed. Only the semi-truck driver was hospitalized; OHP did not release his condition but said he was stable with some injuries.
Two others were injured but refused treatment. A fourth driver was not injured.
OHP said one person got out of their vehicle and was hit by another car. Investigators believe the victim was trying to help others during the crash.
Workers were on the scene for nearly 10 hours; as of 7:30 a.m., all lanes are open.
- One killed in Will Rogers Turnpike crash
- Officials investigate death of Kansas boy at water park
- System outage grounds Delta flights
- Green Country students head back to school
- Rain chances ahead, mixed temps through the week
Cox Media Group