TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Tulsa Police arrested Michael Ray Jackson for possession of a stolen vehicle, robbery and kidnapping
- Someone called police after connecting with Jackson while trying to find a stolen car
- Jackson allegedly took the victim at gunpoint and forced him to get money from an ATM
An escaped victim and a Craigslist post put a suspected thief behind bars Monday afternoon.
More below video
Tulsa Police say they were called to 61st and Peoria, where someone said a car thief was parking their stolen car at a convenience store.
Officers took the driver into custody and identified him as Michael Ray Jackson, 36.
The theft victim told police he got in touch with Jackson through a Craigslist post while trying to find his stolen truck. The truck was reported stolen Sunday.
Officers learned on Sunday the victim was held at gunpoint by two men, possibly including Jackson. The men took the victim to a convenience store and tried to force him to get money.
The victim said he escaped by going to the bathroom. He told police that escape attempt was when Jackson drove off in his truck.
Police booked Jackson on charges of possession of a stolen vehicle, robbery with a dangerous weapon and kidnapping.
- Director: Zoo safe despite shooting of gorilla to save boy
- More rain chances ahead of a cool down
- Suspect arrested after east Tulsa sexual assault
- Bates sentencing hearing scheduled for Tuesday
- Craigslist post busts suspected thief after kidnapping
Get the latest news and weather straight to your phone with the FOX23 News app- download it HERE.
Cox Media Group