TULSA, Okla. — Quick Facts:
- Some residents in midtown Tulsa have reported seeing coyotes in the city.
- Oklahoma Wildlife Control officials said there has been an increase in the number of calls about coyotes in urban areas. They said trashed Thanksgiving leftovers and small pets could be attracting the animals.
- The colder weather causes the coyotes' food supply to dwindle.
- One person reported a coyote at Woodward Park and another near 27th and Peoria.
- Wildlife officials captured one near 121st and Riverside.
- Where there is one coyote, there is often a pack nearby that could consist of eight to ten coyotes, wildlife officials said.
- Trump threatens to permanently close U.S.-Mexico border after clashes with migrants
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Promising Alzheimer's vaccine draws closer to human trials, researchers say
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Man finds $7.5M in storage unit he bought for only $500
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2020 Cox Media Group