COWETA, Okla. - Quick Facts:
- Coweta school officials confirmed they have investigated a hazing incident at the district.
- Coweta police said they do not expect to file criminal charges in this case.
- Superintendent Jeff Holmes said the district received a report about the incident earlier this week.
- Officials immediately contacted police and the Department of Human Services.
- Three students are being punished for hazing violations, according to Holmes.
- The district released a statement saying: "We take hazing allegations very serious and will not tolerate such actions at Coweta Public Schools."
- Coweta police released the following statement: "A hazing incident involving students at Coweta High School allegedly took place Tuesday, Sept. 11th. Coweta Police Department School Resource Officer Staggs was notified by CHS officials on Wednesday, Sept. 12th. An investigation began the same day. The incident report is expected to be complete sometime Monday, Sept. 17th. At this time, the department does not expect to file criminal charges and has returned the case to the school to handle administratively. All students involved in the alleged incident are juveniles and no further information will be released until the report is complete."
FOX23 will continue to follow this story. DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
- Hurricane Florence live updates: Category 1 storm makes landfall in North Carolina
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters
- Trump denies 3,000 died in Hurricane Maria: 'This was done by the Democrats'
- FOLLOW FOX23 on Facebook for updates in your news feed
- Man who Tasered his children sentenced to life plus 192 years in prison
- DOWNLOAD the FOX23 News app for updates sent to your phone.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.