Broken Arrow toddler died from suspected child abuse, parents arrested

Officers release more details in 3-year-old's death

BROKEN ARROW, Okla. — Quick Facts:

  • Faith Seaman, 3, died on November 6, 2019.
  • Wagoner County sheriff's deputies responded to a Broken Arrow home on a call about an unresponsive toddler.
  • The little girl was pronounced dead at the hospital.
  • The medical examiner's office determined that the toddler showed signs of child abuse injuries sustained just prior to her death.
  • Investigators arrested Kelsey Seaman on suspicion of first-degree murder, child abuse, child neglect, and obstructing a peace officer. Glen Seaman faces charges of child neglect, enabling child neglect and obstructing a peace officer.

Wagoner Country sheriff's officials arrested two people after the death of a three-year-old girl.

Content Continues Below

Faith Seaman died November 6th after emergency crews responded to a call about an unresponsive three-year-old.

Officials say they saw no signs of what killed the little girl. A medical examiner later determined she had severe injuries on her face, buttocks and butt consistent with child abuse.

After finding the bruises, investigators asked Faith's parents, Glen and Kelsey Seaman, if Faith had any physical accidents before the 911 call, and they said no, according to an affidavit. They were also asked how they disciplined her, and they both said they did not spank, but instead would put her in timeout.

The Seamans adopted Faith in December 2018, but had been caring for her since April 2018. Additionally, they fostered other children over the last few months. They had two children under two in the home under 2 at the time of Faith's death. Those children are in DHS custody now.

During the autopsy, the pathologist found Faith had severe injuries including two broken ribs that were broken in two places each. They also found deep bruising to her internal organs. The examiner said the injuries occurred just prior to her death.

In interviews, both Glen and Kelsey denied any physical abuse, but later admitted that there was a history of hard spankings to Faith, including pulling Faith's pants down and harshly spanking with a belt. On Nov. 5, faith was beaten with a bamboo spoon to the point the spoon broke.

Glen and Kelsey both said there had been a lot of stress in the home because of money, discipline issues and sleep deprivation. Kelsey said during the beaten, she fell on Faith and may have broken her ribs. No one took her to get medical help. She confessed to DHS workers that the beating was the cause of Faith's death.

Kelsey Seaman is in custody facing charges of child abuse murder, child abuse, child neglect and obstructing a peace officer. Glen Seaman faces charges of child neglect, enabling child neglect and obstructing a peace officer.

Glen bonded out Friday on a $25,000 bail. Kelsey is being held with no bond.

Trending Stories

Trending Video