The US construction industry has held on to archaic ways of building, failing to adapt better technology routinely used elsewhere in the world – until now. Clark discusses how prefabrication component building is better, faster & cheaper. Now is the time to reimagine how we build to improve durability and price points. Also, for the past decade, traditional life & annuity insurers have been selling off their policies to Wall St. The risk profiles are then held by private-equity. This creates new levels of uncertainty for consumers. If you get notification of this from your insurer, should you be worried? Clark has some new recommendations.
- Home Building Innovation: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Life Insurance & Private-Equity: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- Frequently Asked Questions on Gift Taxes
- Google Fi Review: Things To Know Before You Sign Up
- The Best International Phone Plans
- Explore Google Earth.
- Google Maps' new 'Immersive View' combines Street View with satellites
- Life Insurance Archives – Clark Howard
- Policyholder Information – NOLHGA.com
- Indexed Universal Life Insurance (IUL) – Investopedia – NOT recommended
- What Is an Annuity, and Why Does Clark Think They Stink?
- What to Do if You Find an Old Stock Certificate
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
The post 07.11.22 Innovations in Home Building / Life Insurance & Private-Equity appeared first on Clark Howard.