Employers have outsourced companies to handle pay advances, many of which charge junk fees. Dave is a payroll advance company that asks for voluntary tips, equivalent to paying interest. These advances can lead to a deficit spending habit. Clark offers a better way. Also, the fight to limit robocalls is showing signs of working, so scammers are moving to messaging to get at your money. What to look out for.
- Perils of Payroll Advances: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Robocalls & Messaging Scams: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- How to Find and Claim Missing Money in Your Name
- 23 Ways To Save Money on Gas
- A Simple Way To Help Your Kid Build Credit
- How Does Afterpay Work?
- Why 'Buy Now, Pay Later' Worries Clark Howard
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
The post 06.01.22 Payroll Advances: Perils & Alternatives / Update: Robocalls & Messaging Scams appeared first on Clark Howard.