WASHINGTON, D.C. - Police officers said they want to stop Congress from green-lighting larger tractor trailers.
A group of law enforcement officers said they are lobbying against a plan that would increase the lengths of twin trailers to 33 feet.
They said the move would lead to more crashes.
Shipping industry groups, on the other hand, claim the move would actually reduce the number of tractor trailers on U.S. roads.
The plan could be tacked onto a larger transportation spending bill that lawmakers say they will debate this week.
- Amazon Prime offers in-store discounts at Whole Foods
- Murder suspect identified after dropping passport at crime scene, police say
- Teens kill mother possum and 4 babies in Snapchat video, police say
- UCF students to give free bionic arms to children with missing limbs
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.