TULSA, Okla. — The pastor of an east Tulsa church says his congregation is cleaning up after a case of vandalism.
Congregants at Community Baptist Church had service as usual Sunday near 31st and Garnett.
Police said James Williams caused thousands of dollars of damage at the church.
The pastor said he is working to learn how much everything cost, and he said he will look into when insurance can replace the damaged and destroyed items.
Police said Williams broke a window on April 30 to get inside the church. There, he reportedly broke a piano, organ and several windows. Police said he also trashed the church.
A police K9 reportedly caught Williams inside the building.
The church’s pastor said Williams caused a lot of damage, even though he was only in the building for a few minutes.
Several volunteers came together to help prepare the church for Sunday service.
- Teen saves up money to buy classmate new shoes, clothes
- Tennessee girl discovers 475-million-year-old fossil of rare sea creature
- Arizona students back in class after 6-day teacher walkout
- Evacuations ordered as volcano in Hawaii erupts
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox
© 2020 Cox Media Group