SAPULPA, Okla. - A piece of concrete on the back of a flatbed trailer fell onto I-44 near the Sapulpa Exit, causing a fatality crash Wednesday, according to troopers with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
They said an elderly man driving a white minivan died as a result of the crash around noon.
Troopers at the scene said multiple drivers had to swerve to avoid hitting the concrete after it fell off a flatbed trailer. They said witnesses stopped to help clear the concrete, but they did not talk to troopers.
Investigators are asking anyone who witnessed the crash or had to maneuver around it to call *55.
Check the FOX23 Traffic Page for conditions in your area.
- Amazon Prime offers in-store discounts at Whole Foods
- Murder suspect identified after dropping passport at crime scene, police say
- Teens kill mother possum and 4 babies in Snapchat video, police say
- UCF students to give free bionic arms to children with missing limbs
- Sign up for free FOX23 Newsletters for stories sent to your inbox.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.