CLAREMORE, Okla. - Police say they have a man in custody after he reportedly raped a woman in Claremore.
Investigators say the victim told them she was home alone when she heard a noise in her living room. She reportedly said that she found the suspect in her home with a knife and wearing a mask and gloves.
The suspect allegedly tied up the woman and then raped her.
The woman reportedly told investigators that the suspect threatened to kill her if she called police. Then, he allegedly took some of her property and left.
Police say the woman was able to identify Julian Watson as the suspect from a photo lineup.
Watson was arrested, and he allegedly told police he broke into the victim's home when she wasn't home on New Year's Eve and stole more than $50 from the home. Then, he allegedly told police that he returned to the victim's home the next day and had a sexual encounter with the woman, scared her, held her at knife point and threatened her, but reports show that he claimed that the sexual encounter was consensual.
Watson faces a first degree rape charge, a second degree robbery charge, a second degree burglary charge and a kidnapping charge.
Trending Now on FOX23.com
- Green Country schools cancel class during cold weather
- Baby boy aardvark at the Cincinnati Zoo needs a name - any ideas?
- Stay connected on the go- download the FOX23 News app
- Hollywood women launch #TimesUp campaign to end sexual harassment
- Teen kills parents, sister on New Year's Eve, officials say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.