Tulsa, Okla-During the holiday season, recycling is easy for Tulsa residents. Most packaging and wrapping paper are recyclable in the City's recycling system, such as cardboard boxes and basic wrapping paper without foil and glitter.
Below is a list of items that cannot be recycled in the blue cart and should be placed in the gray trash cart. If residents have questions on what can be recycled, remember: When in doubt, check it out – go to www.TulsaRecycles.com
· Gift bags
· Foil, shiny or glitter wrapping paper
· Styrofoam, packing peanuts
· Flexible film plastics, bubble wrap, plastic bags
· Plastic strapping
· Ribbons and bows
· Christmas lights
· Bulbs and ornaments
· Textiles – tree skirts, stockings and clothing
· Electronics – anything with a cord, takes batteries or winds-up
· Artificial or real Christmas trees
Christmas Tree Collection
The City of Tulsa will be offering complimentary collection of live Christmas trees during December and January. Residents may place live Christmas trees at the curb on their primary collection day without lights, tinsel and ornaments. Christmas trees must be cut into lengths of six feet. This collection is not for artificial trees.
Cox Media Group